Thursday 9 April 2015

Pattern Designer Profiles - Amigurumi with Amigurumi Food

Pattern Profile 2 - Awesome Amigurumi!  

Amigurumi is the Japanese art of knitting or crocheting small stuffed animals and anthropomorphic creatures, and has become a huge craze here in North America.  We're Twisted sells adorable "bundles" of multicoloured packs of cotton yarn made by Katia that are perfect for creating your very own creatures.  I stumbled upon this week's designer when researching this technique.  Anne's blog is as cute as her creations!

Amigurumi isn't for the faint of heart though; the majority of these creations are made with tiny crochet hooks and needles!

From her blog:  Hi my name is Anne. I am one of the many inquiring minds who are passionate about the world of amigurumi, specifically focused on food.
I am an illustrator who always had a particular passion for Japanese culture, from geishas, manekinekos and even bento lunches. A day like any other, I began to learn to crochet. I did not stay there ... I started researching a bit on the subject of amigurumis and I decided to start sketching mine little world of Amigurumi food.
Most of my creations are from sketches, drawings and doodles. From many drawings encourage me to grab the wool and start creating.
In this blog you will see this process, free patterns, collaborations, interviews with other amigurumis makers.
I hope you enjoy this blog, as I enjoy it everyday.

If you want to send me send me a message, a picture, a hug, or whatever, you can do it
amigurumifood@gmail.com



Some of her free patterns can be found here:


Photo by Anne of amigurumi food

No comments:

Post a Comment